Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Vacation Yet?

I am having such a hard time focusing at work. I just want to be on vacation already. Yesterday. Yesterday really wasn’t that great of a day. I actually did okay with the lack of sleep, but it seemed like there was one problem after another. On our morning walk, Max started getting fussy so I turned around before I normally would. It wasn’t soon enough and he cried and screamed all the way down the hill. I took him out of the Baby Bjorn, which helped at first. Who knows what the problem was. It could have been too cold. It could have been that he was hungry. It could be that he just doesn’t like that trail. It is the only one that he has ever really gotten fussy on. I thought it would be nice to feed him on the park bench instead of in the car until dogs started approaching and Lucky and Shadow went into protector mode. I saw what was about to/could happen and got us all packed up before hand. Then, I went to start work and had computer problems. I was able to avoid sending the laptop off to be completely re-imaged, but it was a real pain. In the mist of all this, I sent a note off to my team on a number of topics and said “Happy Friday” in it. Unfortunately, yesterday was only Tuesday. They probably all think I am a total idiot. Strangely enough, no one said anything about it. I mentioned it to our administrative assistant. She said that she just thought it was a joke that she didn’t get. Sigh. LOL.

In other news, I remember the three other blog entries that I haven’t gotten written.

8) Contradictions and Hypocrisy - Where I talk about how I don’t really agree with organized religion, but have baptized Max and attended church last week and plan to raise him Catholic like I was raised, even though I have some major issues with the religion and organized religion in general.. How I don’t think that any one religion is “the” answer. How many times people who are devote are also “righteous” and since they are so right everyone who doesn’t think, believe, and act like them are wrong. I probably wouldn’t be able stop throwing in some snide comments about politics and our political leaders. I am not sure how else to raise Max with morals and a good foundation of right and wrong. Yet, I feel like such a hypocrite. As he gets older, I will talk with him about all of this and expose him to other religions and hopefully give him a foundation so that he can decide for himself. I would also talk about (in my blog entry that is likely to never be written, not necessarily to Max) the other contradiction where I don’t think I could ever marry someone who wasn’t Christian (doesn’t have to be Catholic) even though I don’t think it is the answer and think other religions are just as valid. Oddly enough, every donor that was interested in and the one I ultimately selected was Catholic. I am having a hard time justifying the contradictions and hypocrisy in myself right now. I showed up to church in my hiking boots and in my sweats on the way back from our morning excursion, leaving the dogs in the car. I figured it was the only way it was going to happen since going home first and showering/changing/etc. and going back out hadn’t worked the previous week.
9) Baby Antics - Where I tell you all about the silly, goofy things I do with Max. My cousin commented on how well I had done in making up songs and rhymes and entertainment for Max. Yeah, well, I can’t remember the words or tunes to any of the “real” stuff. Anyway, a lot of that is morbid when you think about it. Come on….”Rock a bye Baby” the cradle falls. “Ba Ba Blacksheep” the wool is going to a master. Not a nice uplifting message I want to pass on to Max. Maybe it is just me. My cousin looked at me odd when I pointed this out. She thinks I am depriving him. Instead, Max gets the “I love Max” song; the “I’m your mamma” song; the “Bouncy, Bouncy Walk” song, where I talk about all we see, the seasons, the weather, and nature. He is fond of the “Kisses and Smooches” game where mamma kisses his tummy, his cheek, his ear, his foot, etc. Who knew I could be such a grade A dork? But, my kid loves it. For now. I am sure I will be a total embarrassment soon. LOL.
10) My favorite song - Where I tell you about my favorite song…John Michael Montgomery’s “Life’s a Dance”. Have you ever heard this? I’ve loved it for years and listen to the CD when talking a bath. Max now loves it as well. I don’t think Max ever took a bath without that as background music until we were in Michigan for Thanksgiving. LOL. Worth a listen sometime. In my mind, words to live by. In the blog written in my mind, I find John Michaels Montgomery’s official web page with a link to where you can actually listen to the song and post the lyrics.

My mom is out doing Christmas shopping for me. Max is practicing his “voice” on the other side of the house. Naomi (as I recently found how she really spells her name and that I have been wrong) is hard at work taking care of Max and cleaning the house. And, I am avoiding work. I should be feeling more guilty than I am right now. Really, I will be focused in January. Right now, I am just ready to be on vacation. No big plans. Wrap presents. Meet up with a few friends. Maybe go see a movie. Max has his 4 mo. appointment (and I have a lot of questions for the dr.). And, of course, Christmas and New Years. I can’t wait.

No comments: