Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The pictures that weren't


The other day, I got all the kids bathed and dressed and headed out to get professional pictures. It was a nightmare. I ended up walking away almost in tears. A lesser woman I think would have been. It was a place I had used before, since Max was an infant, and have always been amazed and pleased with the shots they got and gave them lots of my money. It was a total waste of time and effort and I'm still really disappointed and bitter. They changed over management and photographers and I will not be giving them a dime. Before we left, I snapped a shot of Nora. Here is the one picture I have for much planning and effort. I don't know what I'm going to do because I really do want some updated professional shots of us. I really want one with me included. Maybe in a few months, the disappointment around this will have faded and I'll try again elsewhere. I don't even need them all looking and smiling at this point. Just ones where they aren't screaming their head off and crying rivers would be nice. Granted, they won't be Christmas shots. I'll never get those or that time back and that makes me very, very sad.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm sorry you didn't get to take your family holiday picture. So, what happened? Was the photographer not able to take the pictures? Were they running behind and the kids were getting cranky? Was it just an off day for the kids? Maybe you can try again and have a family member take a great pic of you all at home in front of your tree something so that you have a holiday pic even though it's not a professional one?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry too, can hear how upset you are. I remember well during these years having things that upset me for similar reasons... but I'd be happy to drive over one night and try to take some for you Deb. I think shots in front of ones own tree can be just as special, you know? But I understand how important this was for you. Just wanted to say you still can have some family holiday photos... xxooCarolyn

Laraf123 said...

I'm sorry that happened. I know how much work it is to get little ones dressed (and kept that way), bundled into the car and reasonable content. To have it turn out that way is very frustrating. I actually cancelled our holiday appt. because of a bad experience I had at the studio over the summer. I hope your holiday stress begins to melt as the big day gets closer!