Monday, May 07, 2007

Around

I’ve been around, but haven’t really been posting because I really haven’t had much to say. Max and I have had one cold after another it seems like going on 7 – 8 weeks now. We have gone through two of the big Kleenex tissue’s from Costco. No, not two box’s. Two times however many boxes are in a package (8? 12?).

I had the most relaxing weekend since way before Max. I guess we both hit the wall and he didn’t want to do anything or go anywhere, so we didn’t. Shadow got one walk around the block about mid morning each day (after I lured Max into the stroller with raisins) and walked in front of the house after Max was in his crib. Other than that, we stayed home and hung out. Max watched more TV (DVD’s) than I ever thought could be possible while he played and snuggled and climbed on and over and around me. I read two full books, around 400 pages each, from Friday night through this morning, while still giving Max all the attention he needed and wanted, doing basics around the house like laundry and dishes and meals. It was kind of amazing. It helped that he took long (almost 4 hour naps) both days while I only took a short nap each day. We spent some time in his little pool that I can fill with warm water and in the back yard Sunday afternoon. We read books. We played cars. Max learned new words like mole, scar, and nipple as my middle section was the body part of focus. While disgusting, he also learned/I demonstrated for him how to “hawk a luegy” after coughing up the same chunk of mucus one too many times, which he found quite entertaining and interesting. Mostly, he sat or climbed on and over and around me watching his shows while I read and we were both happy. Oddly enough, one of his most requested DVD’s or the weekend was Baby Santa which he had previously showed zero interest before. “What’s that?” is still be far his favorite phrase. He is also fond and quite good at the “I Spy” game where I say, Where is x?” and he points to it. It is pretty amazing. He has started to do some baby signs as he is learning to say the word like hat and book that I didn’t even know he knew and we haven’t watched those DVD’s in months. I guess he just had the information stored in there until now.

I haven’t really thought much about next cycle. I guess I am going to just try a clomid low dose injectable cycle with extra drugs I have already if my current last minute throw away one doesn’t work. I stopped taking the meds to help the insulin late last week even though Dr. Q said to only stop if I got a positive beta. Since it is a category C drug, I just didn’t feel comfortable with that while in a 2ww. I have really been watching my carbs and using the South Beach as a model. I didn’t cut them out entirely like they recommend for the first 2 weeks, but I have greatly reduced them.

I did a progesterone test today using an old lab slip. I don’t think anyone in the clinic will mind and I just like to keep tabs. I thought about adding another urinalysis since the other one was contaminated by blood, but decided that I didn’t want to be bothered just now especially with fighting another cold/cough.

Anyway, nothing really new. I think we are both on the mend, but still feeling tired and not quite healthy. I have been feeling so darn crappy and tired lately that I have thought more than once about not trying for a second, but know that this is just a temporary thing.

Also, I had my mammogram and breast u/s last Thursday and am just waiting on the results. I’m sure it is probably all fine, but am happy that it is at least done and I have a baseline.

And, I’m one week down and another to go in the latest 2ww that I have had to work hard at remember to take my meds because I keep forgetting about it. Even though or probably because we did so little this weekend, I am still so darn tired and spent. I wish every day were a non-work day while still having the income that I do.

No comments: