Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Shalom

This was sent to me by a friend and posted with permission. I enjoyed the sentiment so much, I wanted to pass it on. This friend has a daughter a few months younger than Max. She is "T42 with IVF#4 likely to start in January 2007, who was almost ready to give up in January 2005". Her daughter was conceived on IVF#2 after 1 IVF and 6 IUIs.

*****

"My Wish For You"

This year, I wish you "Shalom," in the fullest sense of the word. I studied Hebrew in seminary a few years ago and the word "Shalom" really resonated with me... and continues to resonate as I go through this process of trying to get pregnant. The word means "peace," but has a much fuller meaning than that one words suggests. There are seven variations and I have really thought and prayed over each of them over the past few years. Below is my wish for each of you in the coming year.... Please indulge me as I share my theological education with you. :)


My Wish for My SMC IF/TTC Friends in 2007

I wish you Shalom, in terms of peace in terms of completeness. May 2007 bring you peace in the completeness of your dreams to become a mother.

I wish you shalom, in terms of safety and soundness of body. May you and those you love remain safe and sound during 2007.

I wish you shalom, in terms of your welfare, health and prosperity. (This is the variation that is used when expressing pregnancy in the Bible!) May 2007 bring peace and healing to your body in whatever way is necessary. May prosperity find you and may everything be well in your welfare.

I wish you shalom, in terms of peace, quiet, tranquillity and contentment. May your heart and soul feel peaceful and calm in the coming year. May inner peace be a hallmark of your year.

I wish you shalom, in terms of peace in friendships and relationships. May your relationships flourish and may peace between you and all other people characterize this year.

I wish you shalom, in terms of peace from war. May you and those that you love remain safe from war in 2007. May our world become a more peaceful place for all children to live.

I wish you shalom, in terms of peace with God. Whatever your concept of a higher power, may it be one that brings you peace, comfort and strength.

No comments: