Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Shhhh

Not only is Max still sleeping (Thank you Max, really needed that extra hour this morning), but I want to talk about his birthday present.

Here it is....

Reply to: sale-37xxxxxxxxx@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-07-21, 9:13AM PDT


Thomas the Tank Engine 3'x4' Train Table with full track glued down with many accessories including matching chair, backpack and more than 35 train cars.

This table has been well loved and is in good condition.

$200 firm. Buyer must pick up train table in xxxxxxxxxx.








Now, I don't actually have possession of it yet, but she did say she would hold it for me. We have a time set on Saturday for me to get it and I have her address and phone number and directions to her house so I think I am set.

I'm so happy. I think this will be perfect and he will love it. I could never afford right now to get all this new for him and actually, I'm much happier it isn't and the tracks and everything are glued. This will make it easier and nicer for both of us.

I've been watching ebay and craigslist for weeks now. I've bid on another set on ebay and inquired on a few other craigslist items that I either never heard back on or were sold. But, actually, I like the one I am getting the absolute best of all the ones I've seen.

I'm so happy she is holding it for me. She told me she had someone coming on Sunday to look and get it if it wasn't sold and she had other emails of people interested. I was so worried it would get sold before I could go, because I can't get there until Saturday. I told her I was very interested and it would be perfect for my sons 2nd birthday and that I just couldn't get there sooner, but would see if I could get a friend who lived closer. And, she said she would hold it, that she liked the idea of it being someones 2nd Birthday present. I'm so happy. This is the second thing I've bought off a craigslist (my bowling ball gaze ball for $5 that I gave her $10 for since she met me halfway) and both sellers have been just so wonderful.

In other news, Max is either dead or still sleeping. I'll go with the latter. While this extra sleep the last few days has been nice, it worries me...only because I know what will happen next. He will go the opposite and wake up extra early and need very little sleep for a few days until it stabilizers out. That is, if the pattern holds.

And, I'm on page 650 out of 759 of the Harry Potter book. Don't want to pick it back up now because the action was good/intense when I put it down last night knowing I just had to get some sleep. When I pick it back up, I want to be able to read and concentrate without interruption on the last but. So, tonight. I should finish it tonight.

Have I mentioned how happy I am about Max's Birthday present? I'll get it Saturday. It is probably an hour away, but was heading that way anyway. Of course, pick up time is in the middle of Max's nap. Ugh. But, as much as I try to avoid disruption to his schedule, I just can't always. And, he will likely be in his need less sleep part of the pattern. Getting this for him will make it worth it.

Okay, I think I hear Max stirring.

I think he will love his birthday present too!

No comments: