Thursday, August 10, 2006

13 dpo - EDITED

Today is 13 dpo, but whose counting? You don’t know how tempted I have been to call my RE’s and ask for a beta today. They would let me, but make me come back for another one in a few days and that is problematic. So, I will wait until tomorrow. At 14 dpo a negative is considered late enough to be a true negative and there is no need to come back for a second test.

At this point, I am almost positive that the cycle didn’t work. All signs are pointing to me starting my period by the end of today or tomorrow at the latest. At this particular moment, I am not even feeling sad or down about the negative cycle. Hey, there is still hope until the results of the blood hcg are in. And, it is not the worst outcome for this cycle, which would have been an ectopic pregnancy where I loose my left tube.

I’m just ready to put this cycle behind me and move on. I’m taking a month off from cycling and am mentally and physically ready for the break.

EDITED TO ADD: Trip to bathroom confirmed period is starting with spotting. Now, I am sad. (11:45 am PT)

No comments: