Tuesday, January 11, 2005

7w5d Status

Things are going fine here. Work has been busy and I have been tired at night. I have had a few symptoms here and there, but nothing too terrible. I almost freaked myself out earlier today. After using the restroom, I saw this blob at the bottom of the toilett. Thought about fishing it out for closer inspection and then realized that I had put a tick (that was disgustingly blood engorged that I knew would sink and not try to crawl out) that I had pulled off one of the dogs in there earlier.

Ticks are incredibly disgusting. I keep the dogs on year round flea/tick medicine and they still pick up ticks. It's just gross and will probably be quite bad for awhile because wet, rainy, damp weather brings them out.

I saw the sun today. It was really nice. I think the rain is behind us for a little while. We really need the break. I really need the break. I live in Southern California for a reason. I am a weather wimp. I like the normal weather patterns here. I really don't like rain. I guess it can be a nice change every now and again, but the dogs and I just get wet and muddy. The house gets wet and muddy. There are more ticks. My hiking boots are so water logged that they are squishy and my socks are wet before I even leave the house. I hate wet feet. I hate rain.

I wrote this really long blog on Friday night between about 2 am and 4 am when I was not sleeping because of work. I was up worrying about things and something that was said in a meeting I was in on Friday. I followed up on Monday and turns out it was nothing to worry about. The blog never got posted because my computer crashed and I lost it. This was probably a good thing.

I always thought when you were pregnant that you had the same symptoms. I know that they are different for different people, but what I didn't know was that they are different on different days or at different times for the same person. Maybe it is just me. For example, I think I mentioned that last Wednesday the night before my 7w u/s I vomited and I was happy because it was a pregnancy affirming symptom. It hadn't happened again until last night. My stomach was a bit off all evening, but I thought I had better eat something so I didn't wake up in the middle of the night starving (which is what happened Friday night). I was getting ready for bed and thought, I wonder if I am going to get sick. I jumped up and ran to the bathroom. Sure enough, I puked everything up until my stomach was empty. I felt much better afterwards. People say to eat something to relieve the nausea. For me, it seems to cause me to puke instead and isn't such a great idea.

Today, I have been hungry pretty much all day. In fact, I need to go in a minute so I can go eat again. Yesterday, I wasn't hungry all day and didn't feel like eating anything. What I did eat, I puked up. Some days I am so tired I feel like I can barely stay awake. Other days, I feel normal and wouldn't know I was even pregnant if I didn't know that I was. The thought of eggs for weeks was just icky. This morning I felt like eggs for breakfast and they tasted great. I still can't use my Clinque soap. The smell makes me want to gag/dry heave. What I am saying is there seems to be no rhyme or reason no pattern to the symptoms. They come and go, but none of them have been too bad. I like them for the most part because, as I have said, they are pregnancy affirming.

Have I mentioned that I have lost weight since I got pregnant? Yes, down a few more pounds. I try for months and months and months to lose while ttc and barely lost a pound or two. Now that I am pregnant, I am losing about a pound a week without even trying. I am not worried and am actually happy about this. I am large enough that gaining too much weight will be problematic. It is better that I do not gain much weight at all. Of course, I need to talk to my new OB about this and get his views. In fact, I need to call and actually set up an appointment with him. I am still in denial that my RE is going to release me soon. I haven't even called to set up my next u/s with my RE for next week. I also need to call the sperm bank and let them know about the pregnancy. I can't seem to get these things done during working hours. As I mentioned, work has been busy.

Off to eat dinner, walk the dogs, and then go lay on the couch for the duration ignoring the messy, messy house which I am trying to learn to let go.

No comments: